Jan 31, 2011, 1:32 PM
| Batch-editing Data with the DataTrack System
|| Quote |
Instead of having to open individual items to modify similar data, you can use the batch-edit feature. For example, you can apply the same category to multiple work orders without having to open each item individually.
Batch-editing can be performed on all object types, including work orders, users, companies, assets and knowledge base articles.
Using batch-edit on the DataTrack Desktop Client:
If your system administrator has granted you these rights, follow the steps below to batch-edit items.
1) While logged in with the DataTrack Desktop Client, select one or more items from the list which you wish to batch-edit.
2) From the Edit menu, click Batch-Edit Selected Item(s).
3) In the Batch-Edit Items window, check the field(s) which you wish to batch-edit.
4) Enter a value into the field. This value will be applied to each of the selected items.
5) Click OK to begin the batch-edit process.
Helping people and businesses improve productivity and effectiveness everyday, Magnoware Systems Incorporated is a developer of innovative, affordable, efficient, and easy-to-use data management software. "Software made effortless" is our slogan.
Sales & Support Team
Magnoware Systems, Inc.
Follow our twitter for updates on features, product tips, site issues, and your questions!
(This post was edited by magnoware on Jan 31, 2011, 2:03 PM)