Jan 31, 2011, 1:40 PM
To have the system notify you of tickets set for a future date, follow the instructions below.
| How to Create Future Email Notifications Using Automation
|| Quote |
These instructions apply for all date/time fields, including user-defined fields. Creating a user-defined date field in conjunction with the automation and notification system can notify you of future tickets.
1) First, create a user-defined field called "Date to Start" (you can also use an existing date/time field). DataTrack Server > Configure Server Options > User-Defined Fields. Ensure the field is a Date/Time field.
2) Next, click Automation and then click Add. Choose a name for the automation rule.
3) Click Add Condition and select "Date to Start" from the list of available fields.
4) In the textbox to the right, enter "Today".
5) You may also want to add additional criteria, such as if the Status is pending.
6) Click Next, and then click Create Action.
7) Under Action Type, choose Notify user(s), configure who you'd like the recipient to be and customize the format.
When you create a new work order with the "Date to Start" set to the future, the software will send you the notification on the future date.
Helping people and businesses improve productivity and effectiveness everyday, Magnoware Systems Incorporated is a developer of innovative, affordable, efficient, and easy-to-use data management software. "Software made effortless" is our slogan.
Sales & Support Team
Magnoware Systems, Inc.
Follow our twitter for updates on features, product tips, site issues, and your questions!
(This post was edited by magnoware on Jan 31, 2011, 2:04 PM)